Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625-2

KT57

I found that 625 prices are all the place......... I payed $ 600.00 for my 4in. 2 years ago and $ 725.00 for my 5in. about a year ago. My 4in. was a 7 and the 5in. was a 9 out of 10. It's not what you pay for a gun, it's what it's worth to you to have it... like speed and money go hand in hand how FAST do you want to GO. I bought a very nice 627 V-comp last summer a payed $1300.00 and 2 years looking for one. So what every you think is a good price to pay, and it's something you want... BUY IT.

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

$100 less than I would pay for any other generation of 5" 625. Dash twos are trouble.

Can you give specifics? I have a JM model that I am not having the best of luck with either.

Haha I have a JM and a dash 2! The dash two required a bit of work to get running well, but I am pleased now with the outcome. The JM is a fickle little fella and has really brought my gunsmithing and reloading skills up a few notches.

Bottom line with the dash two is this hand that is rivetted to the trigger has earned someone a warm seat in the afterlife. There is play in the trigger stroke that can be noted by a discerning finger. The inside of mine looked like someone fell asleep at the mill with all the tool marks left inside especially in the area where the rebound spring block travels back and forth. The cylinder rotation lugs were also a little rough on the machining. It also has tight chambers which affect the speed of my reloads. Headspace/barrel to cylinder gap was an issue as well. IT took about a 1000rounds to get it all smoothed out after the issues had been fixed. Fine now.

JM was used when i got it and I lopped the hammer down to nothing. Faux-monized it and added a Cylinder and slide extended firing pin, a Wolff bossed mainspring, 11 lb return spring. Chamferred the heck out of the cylinder and star. WARNING BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THAT. The insides were rough so I stoned and polished them for about 12 hours all told..i went slowly at it. Broke 3 firing pins before I learned that the gun was out of time....my first competition revolver. Have since gone to the APEX competition pin and feel that Cylinder and Slide worked better for me. Not really certain as I changed the pins at the same time I moved away from gold medal match magnum primers to Federal large pistol. I dryfire a lot so I needed the durability of the apex. Check your timing on the JM and your cylinder stop. They may be very worn especially if it's a used gun as the parts are MIM I believe. If you are having accuracy issues the throat diameters may be out of spec.

As usual please correct any details upon which I am mistaken.