Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IDPA Match of 2011 - S&W 625JM

Thanks to the awesome folks in this forum, I've worked out the kinks in my ammo and now have no more light strikes for the past 300 (or so) rounds. Now if there are any problems, it'll be the "indian" and not the "arrow" :)

here's the latest IDPA match I shot at the Renton range this weekend. I came in top Revolver and 20th overall out of 87 shooters.

Enjoy!

Thanks to the awesome folks in this forum, I've worked out the kinks in my ammo and now have no more light strikes for the past 300 (or so) rounds. Now if there are any problems, it'll be the "indian" and not the "arrow" :)

here's the latest IDPA match I shot at the Renton range this weekend. I came in top Revolver and 20th overall out of 87 shooters.

Very cool! What camera do you use?

Edited by S391

I use a Contour HD camera on my own hatcam mount (http://gunbot.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/headbandcam-now-hatcam/), for the 2nd camera, I use a Flip Mino HD coz i) the quality is good, better than most HD cameras that do video, and ii) dead simple to use coz you can't expect others in your squad to know how to use these high-tech cameras :)

Software I use is Adobe Premiere Elements and Live Movie Maker.

Hope that helps!

I use a Contour HD camera on my own hatcam mount (http://gunbot.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/headbandcam-now-hatcam/), for the 2nd camera, I use a Flip Mino HD coz i) the quality is good, better than most HD cameras that do video, and ii) dead simple to use coz you can't expect others in your squad to know how to use these high-tech cameras :)

Software I use is Adobe Premiere Elements and Live Movie Maker.

Hope that helps!

Sweet set up, thank you for the link. I've been looking at the contour hd for a while and I think I may have to pick one up in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

JohnZ, I'll give it a try this month and see what happens. There has to be a reason why nobody swaps back and forth, I'm sure after years of practice anyone would be proficient in it. Might just have to deal with trying to grab that moonclip faster from behind my centerline.

Jerry can reload both ways on the same stage, but then again he is JERRY, we are but mere mortals !! I tried keeping the gun in my strong hand 2 stages in a row a few years ago at a match, and hit the cylinder closed before it was loaded both times and just went back to switching hands. Do what works best for you.