Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bottom Metal / Det Mags

STIGUY

I have tried Alpha mags in AI's, CDI's, and Surgeon bottom metals and found them lacking. They may be cheaper to buy, but if they won't feed reliably what use are they? I sometimes think about selling them, but I would feel bad taking someones money for the shitty things.

I'll throw another vote in for Surgeon. I love the placement of the mag release, and the lip that hangs down on the front edge. It makes it very easy to find while indexing a magazine, and you can ram that sucker into a barricade for a little additional support without it interferring with your magazine or causing feeding issues. I've got three Surgeon setups right now, and one from APA. The APA is an extremely nice DBM, and a lot of thought went into it. If you like your rifle to look more traditional, this is the perfect choice. All the corners have been beveled, it's been relieved around the trigger where units like the Badger routinely run into fitment issues, and the release is easy to find and use, but I will guarantee it will never snag on anything. They are truly top-notch. Here's a link:

https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/products-page/triggerguards/redesigned-trigger-guard-rtg-sa-rtg-sa/