Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA National 2003

raven02003

Of the seven majors I attended this year WV is still tops (overall).  Nationals were very good and the fact that it's the Nationals beats WV just on that.   BUT....overall rating of all the matches goes to the folks at Weirton EASILY.

Great stages, practical, movers, swingers, they mix it up.

Very smooth squad rotations (as a group! no drifters.)

Stages don't lag too bad (good design prevents stages from bogging down), less than 1/2 wait if there is one slow stage.

RO's are good folks (and they're well trained)

Man-on-man shoot-off for 50-50 drawing while your waiting for the scores to be completed (BEFORE YOU LEAVE!...Michigan...Grrrr.)  No longer than an hour wait for awards.

Great awards and good giveaways when available.

Yes, there are a LOT of Master Class shooters there annually.

Good food for dinner, plenty of restroom facilities, quality T-shirts for showing off to your buddies.

Well organized registration, the list goes on......

I'm all for signing the petition for Roger and the gang to get the Nationals sometime soon!  Lenny Magill should tape the WV match and IDPA headquarters should make it mandatory viewing for all state run matches.  They're really that good.  MI should watch it twice!  Grrr.

Ohio should be forced to attend....for you MI folks I wanted to be fair.

Best State matches I attended this year.

WV (National Match is right there but a different experience than a state match...it's the Nationals for pete's sake!)

IL (Havana, IL - also host Midwest Fall Regionals)

IL Midwest Fall Regionals (You gotta go here too)

TN (lots of waiting, no squads, otherwise excellent)

MI (one month for scores ruined the match experience)

OH (they meant well....but it needs work)

Quote: from TheItlianStalion on 10:31 am on Nov. 19, 2002

redmist,

I feel like I should know you if you went to the Nats, MI State, and WV?.

I.S. - I spoke to you and your father at the Nationals.  I was video taping while you guys were shooting on Friday.  I think it was the ambulance stage.  Good shooting in 2002, hope you continue next year.

(Edited by redmist10 at 11:18 am on Nov. 19, 2002)

I second Wierton, plenty of space, first rate lodging available, great people, and superb stage design, i hear each year they are trying to be better than nationals.... how about "idpa World championship held in wierton "biggrin"

Roger Tate, and Bill Nesbitt are two biggest organizers in the area, both have about 20 years experience shooting, AND running matches, not to mention, Ken Hackathorn in the area, and Rob Haught of team beretta.

Definitley the best IDPA match i shot this year, and i shot the VA, and OH as well.

smoney, trying to be better than Nationals, TRYING????

The 2003 West Virginia State Championship is probably going to be on August 30 at Hancock County Sportsmans at Weirton WV. Don't miss it. We will try to top the last 2 years.

Bill Nesbitt