Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blackberry Owners.....

Hi,

I want to get a Blackberry & am trying to decide which is the best service provider.

I miss communicating with family & friends in Canada, and with most of them having BBs, its a way I can do that again.

I understand that I'll have to get an international add-on.

But if anyone can give any insight on who they're with, pros & cons (& what plan you have)that would be great :)

Hi,

I want to get a Blackberry & am trying to decide which is the best service provider.

I miss communicating with family & friends in Canada, and with most of them having BBs, its a way I can do that again.

I understand that I'll have to get an international add-on.

But if anyone can give any insight on who they're with, pros & cons (& what plan you have)that would be great :)

I have been happy with a Storm for the last year or so. Service is through Verizon -- and push e-mail works pretty well. Downside to Verizon tech is no data comes in when I'm on the phone; but then it floods as soon as I hangup....

Now, if you want a phone you can use in both countries and in Europe -- maybe you want a different service provider....

I have a BBY 8830 (soon to change to a droid) for my job (I work for General Dynamics) and the service ie provided by Verizon. Around here I have found Verizon to provide the best service. My personal cell is on Verizon and the work BBY used to be on Sprint which sucked. Corporate finally was able to switch over to Verizon which makes things so much better. We just got Droid/iphones approved and hope to be switching to soon.

Neal in AZ

Ditto for Verizon. I had a various Blackberrys (ending with a Storm II) until late last year. Always had a signal, good service in Europe and Australia when I was there. I have since moved to a Droid X on Verizon. Same experience.

Mark K

I guess I'll be the lone AT&T advocate here.

I don't have much experience with Verizon data plans - my work cell is Verizon and it's just a phone with text. I sometimes don't get good signal with it where I live. My personal phone is a Blackberry Torch with AT&T and I always get good service - except when I'm shooting at Sir Walter in NC. There I have intermittent signal.

That said, I'm kinda biased against Verizon. My company is a national corporation who has a special department that deals with just Verizon issues. To be fair, maybe all of the communications companies have lots of problems, but I just know what I see and hear about. We get some doozies! I'm not trying to badmouth Verizon - I know lots of folks have great luck with them. But I like my AT&T.