Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mid-Atlantic Section Championship

York Izaak Walton will host the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Section in Dallastown PA June 11th & 12th, 2011. It will be an 8 stage match with a minimum round count of about 180 rounds. We will use the half day format and fairly small squads. 4 hours shooting and you're on your way. The match fee is $80 and includes a T-shirt. $40 for Juniors. We will be paying cash to winners, generously and deeply. This match went very smoothly last year, and we expect it to be even better this year. Don't hesitate to sign up,we expect it to fill quickly.

Link to application

App will be mailed this week.

Question. I will be shooting open at this match. At this time, I am unclassified in open. Should I just mark U on my application, and contact the MD when I get classified?

We will run the classification database right before match and we will know your current classification. The only reason it's really on the application is for squadding and so we have an idea what to expect

I saw on the application the spot for LAW Enforcemtn, but no love for the Military guys. Are you awarding High Military at the match?

Big respect for the military. I don't know why it's not on there. I'll see that it is fixed. We will pay if we have a minimum of 5.

I saw on the application the spot for LAW Enforcemtn, but no love for the Military guys. Are you awarding High Military at the match?

Big respect for the military. I don't know why it's not on there. I'll see that it is fixed. We will pay if we have a minimum of 5.

It has been fixed. Mil is now an option on the application.

It has been fixed. Mil is now an option on the application.

Does that include retired?

I believe USPSA only recognizes full time active duty, but I'll check into it. Whatever USPSA does is what we will do. We follow the rules pretty tightly at York.

• 2 weeks later...

Competitive Edge Dynamics has signed on as match sponsor again this year. Last year they supplied us with the timers which were awesome. This year we're getting two chronos and all the accessories to set up the tandem chrono set up just like Nationals.

Whenever you're shopping for shooting electronics or other gear give CED a look. Their products are great, prices competitive, and customer service is superior.

I thought you might want to see the payout structure we will be using at the MASC.

Payout Structure:

1st in any division $240 (min 5 shooters)

2nd in any division $160 (min 10 shooters)

3rd in any division $80 (min 15 shooters)

We will pay categories within each division, the way they do at Nationals, if there are at least 5 shooters in the division, for Senior, Super Senior, Junior, and Lady. $80 each.

1st in class $160 (min 5 shooters)

2nd in class $80 (min 10 shooters)

3rd in class $40 (min 15 shooters)

No shooter will get paid twice. They will be paid the higher amount only.

For example Joe Blow is 3rd in Single Stack, was the high Super Senior in SS, and was 1st B in SS he will receive a check for $160 (1st B class) only. Nobody will be paid for Super Senior or 3rd in division.

Edited by Howard762

Form went in the mail yesterday. I too am shooing Open and currently "U". Hope I can hit enough classifiers between now and then. Even if not, it will still be a ton-o-fun! :D

As to the cash awards, is it for Division high only or for each classification in the division (with requisite number of shooters) as well? In the example it not clear if Joe is paid out for 1st in B class SS or High SSr in SS.

Thanks,

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Form went in the mail yesterday. I too am shooing Open and currently "U". Hope I can hit enough classifiers between now and then. Even if not, it will still be a ton-o-fun! :D

As to the cash awards, is it for Division high only or for each classification in the division (with requisite number of shooters) as well? In the example it not clear if Joe is paid out for 1st in B class SS or High SSr in SS.

Thanks,

Rob:

There are plans to run a Special Classifier Match at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club in Audubon, PA (Reborn club after many years) on the first Saturday of March at 10 a.m. (Range conditions permitting) If the range conditions are too poor, it will then be on the first Saturday in April. No info is on the club web site www.lprgc.org as of yet and may not be until the web site is redesigned.

Edited by mikegot38

Thanks,

Rob:

There are plans to run a Special Classifier Match at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club in Audubon, PA (Reborn club after many years) on the first Saturday of March at 10 a.m. (Range conditions permitting) If the range conditions are too poor, it will then be on the first Saturday in April. No info is on the club web site www.lprgc.org as of yet and may not be until the web site is redesigned.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it might be an 3+ hr drive for me. I have one classifier. I might get three more in from local clubs, if not I'll still have fun! :cheers:

Edited by Rob Tompkins

I saw what you meant. Somehow there was an emoticon where the letter "B" should have been. So, yes Joe gets paid for 1st B. We are paying all classes with 5 or more shooters within every division. Don't worry, you'll be classified by June, and there are probably enough in every division of Open that you'll get paid if you win. There are lots of Open, Limited, and Production shooters signed up already.

Also, York will be having a Special Classifier match in May

• 2 weeks later...

If you are inclined to spend the night in York the night before you shoot the MASC I have arranged a very nice rate on a match hotel for this match. A friend of mine works at the Red Roof Inn on Arsenal road and he assures me that the rooms are fresh and clean. The normal rate for weekends that time of year is $90 or so, but you can get a room for $51.99 + tax if you tell them that you are with the "York Izaak Walton group" and we were promised that rate by Tammi. The phone number is 717-843-8181. I wouldn't wait too long to get that done if you want that rate.

Edited by Howard762

I saw what you meant. Somehow there was an emoticon where the letter "B" should have been. So, yes Joe gets paid for 1st B. We are paying all classes with 5 or more shooters within every division. Don't worry, you'll be classified by June, and there are probably enough in every division of Open that you'll get paid if you win. There are lots of Open, Limited, and Production shooters signed up already.

SWEET! :D Will the classifer be the 7 May match?

SWEET! :D Will the classifer be the 7 May match?

Yes may is there classifier ..check out yorkiwlaipsc.com for the info