Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have two sons and two daughters. After a divorce they all fared well and went on to collage. My oldest son has a girlfriend with a child and works as a machinist. My oldest daughter finished school and is working as a rad tech. My second son is becoming a doctor, and my youngest daughter is working on her nursing degree.

My second son was going back to medical school today and stopped by the house. Big news today, my son has a boyfriend. He has struggled with depression and alcohol until this point,I hope.

I'm proud of all my children. Although this is not how I would have things turn out, I'm happy. If he can find happiness and be content, I will sleep easier. I feel so proud of my son for the amount of courage it must have taken to talk to his red neck father. I will make every effort to make him and his new friend feel welcomed in our family.

Sorry if this was a boring post, I just had to tell someone.

Pat

Sounds like you accepted that and thats good. May have drove him more into depression, iffin you reacted diff?? I don't have any kids yet, but can say the worst would be to have my parents not accept for who I am. Good Job, keep up the good work!

Although this is not how I would have things turn out, I'm happy. If he can find happiness and be content, I will sleep easier. I feel so proud of my son for the amount of courage it must have taken to talk to his red neck father. I will make every effort to make him and his new friend feel welcomed in our family.

While I do not agree with Son#2's choice of lifestyle, If you conveyed the amount of love and understanding to him that I see in the words above then you have taken a large weight off his shoulders.

Pat

Its been a while since Ive seen you hope you can make it to the match this month.

On the topic though. You have what sounds like 4 successful, happy children who know what they want in life. you will have plenty of grandchildren. You have everything to be happy for at this time. maybe comming out to himself and his family will help hus depression and other issues. I know everything will turn out fine!

If you wanna grab a beer or throw some lead down range you know how to get ahold of me.

Although this is not how I would have things turn out, I'm happy. If he can find happiness and be content, I will sleep easier. I feel so proud of my son for the amount of courage it must have taken to talk to his red neck father. I will make every effort to make him and his new friend feel welcomed in our family.

While I do not agree with Son#2's choice of lifestyle, If you conveyed the amount of love and understanding to him that I see in the words above then you have taken a large weight off his shoulders.

What a struggle that must have been for him! As previously mentioned, perhaps the root of some of his depression and alcohol abuse was difficulty in coming to terms with it himself, let alone having to face and potentially disappoint, you.

Though not the choice you would have made for him, you recognize it's his life and love him regardless. Bless you for opening your heart to his friend and for loving your son unconditionally.

Sherry

I have two sons and two daughters. After a divorce they all fared well and went on to collage. My oldest son has a girlfriend with a child and works as a machinist. My oldest daughter finished school and is working as a rad tech. My second son is becoming a doctor, and my youngest daughter is working on her nursing degree.

My second son was going back to medical school today and stopped by the house. Big news today, my son has a boyfriend. He has struggled with depression and alcohol until this point,I hope.

I'm proud of all my children. Although this is not how I would have things turn out, I'm happy. If he can find happiness and be content, I will sleep easier. I feel so proud of my son for the amount of courage it must have taken to talk to his red neck father. I will make every effort to make him and his new friend feel welcomed in our family.

Sorry if this was a boring post, I just had to tell someone.

Pat

You are a good father, you love him, he knows that. I hope that this will leave him with enough peace of mind to overcome his other demons. It probably will.

Pat,

Kudos to you for dealing with this situation with love. Coming out to you was probably the hardest thing he's ever done. You mention he's in Medical School, so he's obviously doing well for himself despite depression and alcohol issues - which are hopefully in the past.

I hope I could be as good a Dad as you are, under the same circumstances. :cheers: