Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quickest way to reload a wheelgun

GlockCanMan

I think I go with the weak hand reloads most of the time because of two things: one, I saw Miculek's vid with the weak hand 625 reload and just went with it; and two, the worst thing about my shooting is my terrible grip.

After many decades as a carpenter, where you learn to relax your hold on the tool just before impact so as to save your hand, wrist, and elbow, changing back to where you keep a solid hold is tough for the weak-minded.

So keeping the gun in the shooting hand during the process helps me with the grip problem slightly.

If you do go with the weak-hand reload, learn to curl your right hand's index finger into the frame window and against the open cylinder. It helps to stabilize everything and keeps the cylinder from turning in case you're fishing for holes.

All this is inoperative when I'm working the Webley, my regular USPSA Revo gun. It simply must be reloaded strong hand since the left is holding the barrel after the break.

I go speedloaders/weak hand in IDPA and ICORE.

I used a unique method for reloading on one stage this Saturday. I dropped all six rounds at my feet, went to my knees, and picked them up out of the snow, one at a time, then put them into my Model 66.

Sigh.

I'm not quite sure how I managed that, but it was comic relief for the rest of the squad. :blink:

Last match at MCRC I managed to get two out of six in the cylinder using a Comp 3 and the weakhand load. The laughs I had to endure as I dumped the two and started over with another loader didn't do much for my accuracy. The fact that High Lord Gomer was holding the scoresheet was worse.

Paul

Last match at MCRC I managed to get two out of six in the cylinder using a Comp 3 and the weakhand load. The laughs I had to endure as I dumped the two and started over with another loader didn't do much for my accuracy. The fact that High Lord Gomer was holding the scoresheet was worse.

Paul

Paul, I see the wisdom in your method. Since it is faster not to shoot all the targets on a stage, then in theory it would be faster to reload if you don't load all of the rounds. :rolleyes: