Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Detent ball in the plunger tube.?

yuthh

Mmmm...might be harder to keep captive in the tube.I would imagine you could get most of the way to the same effect if you highly polished the standard parts, along with their mating surfaces on the safety and slide stop.

If you wanted to mount the bearing into a carrier, that might be a bit easier, but I'm not sure what you're hoping it will do. What improvement are you trying to make?

Larry

Replace the original plunger with detent ball on both end of the tube.Any thought?

Why?

Pat

I think it would be easier to assemble the thumb safety and slide stop.Also worry free about the plunger fly or lost while we strip the gun(I know there is other way to fix this).On top of that it looks a little more custom work for me.

Edited by yuthh

Replace the original plunger with detent ball on both end of the tube.Any thought?

Why?

Pat

I think it would be easier to assemble the thumb safety and slide stop.Also worry free about the plunger fly or lost while we strip the gun(I know there is other way to fix this).On top of that it looks a little more custom work for me.

I must be missing something here. You want to replace what is essentially a one piece unit, two detents captured by one spring, with two detent balls free floating on each end of a spring? One ball for the slide stop and a second for the thumb safety. If that is correct you now have three small individual pieces to juggle or lose now.

Pat