Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old style vs. New style grips

GunCat

I did not even know there was old style grips,do you have any more info on this subject? I have a older p-16(non-power extractor)like that one and I put some grips of a new p-14(power extractor) on the older p-16 and they fit fine. You can order some Para grips from brownells out of the factory Para parts section.

I have two older Para a 14-45 and 16-40 Signature/Limited which I use with the Hogue rubbergrips. These same rubber grips will not fir my newer 18-9LDA Limited. Visualy I cannot tell the difference n the factory grip to frame fit although I have spent time examining the difference.

• 1 month later...

I have two older Para a 14-45 and 16-40 Signature/Limited which I use with the Hogue rubbergrips. These same rubber grips will not fir my newer 18-9LDA Limited. Visualy I cannot tell the difference n the factory grip to frame fit although I have spent time examining the difference.

The older style front grip strap was when Para was only making frames not complete guns.

That is close to 20 years ago...

The older style front grip strap was when Para was only making frames not complete guns.

That is close to 20 years ago...

Thanks for the clarification. :cheers:

BTW, the Para in the top photo now lools like this :D

Nice, if you don't mind me asking, who did the sights?

Thanks

Thank you.

I did all the work on the gun, this was one of my winter projects.

Brazos Custom Lightning Rod front and Caspian/LPA rear

167360_491024532446_229698387446_6642520_7985422_n.jpg

179408_491025237446_229698387446_6642529_3822333_n.jpg

Here is a photo of the first generation grips. Notice the front strap has a pronounced "corner" Para Ordnance was the pioneer for widebody 1911 but was a really thick/fat grip. Just as others mentioned, Approx 16 or so years ago, Para Ordnance offered a gunsmith kit which offered a much rounded fronstrap and new pistol grips. In which is still in use today.

p14d.jpgThis photo shows both versions of the grips

p14a.jpg

So to answer your first question, you have the 2nd generation grips.