Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting awareness/ creative shooting / Visual drills/ training

Ripper1999

Hello,

I am a new competition shooter, and having read Brian Enos's book was looking for some ideas for drills, training, to develop my awareness/ visual awareness, creative shooting. I do practice the ones in his book and NPA exercises. I was just wondering if anyone may have other ideas to develop this awareness and creative shooting.

One thing I have just recently come up with (do not know if it is effective). Is to take nine 4" paper plates on each plate draw a different symbol. I then took index cards and placed three corresponding symbols on the index cards, in random orders.

The drill I do is I flip a card look at the symbols locate the plate with the symbol and engage each plate with the symbols on the card that was turned. (I so far do this airsoft and have only done it once so far). Then repeat with differing cards.

I thought this drill will force me to rely on visual inputs and solve a simple problem rapidly as my eyes search to locate targets.

Just an Idea I had do not know if it is a good idea.

Thank you for any and all input

Look to Mike Seeklander's New Book(s).

Mike takes a very methodical rational approach to training.

I remember vividly a conversation I had with him about getting a Miss on a stage at L10 Nationals. He told me, "you programmed yourself to miss." It was very simple, my training allowed me to accept less than the sight picture I needed before transitioning to the next target.

Look to Mike Seeklander's New Book(s).

Mike takes a very methodical rational approach to training.

I remember vividly a conversation I had with him about getting a Miss on a stage at L10 Nationals. He told me, "you programmed yourself to miss." It was very simple, my training allowed me to accept less than the sight picture I needed before transitioning to the next target.

Thank you I will