Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm mags on Henning site - new ones?

DoNoHarm

I remember an old topic on new Tanfoglio mags coming out, does anyone know if the mags on Henning's site are the new designs? (large frame). Wanted to try one out, but can't remember if the new models are in.

Edited by DoNoHarm

No new designs ready yet. When I get the new 9mm mags I will see if it's possible to make a base-pad that extends the capacity in a reliable way. Currently you couldn't extend the capacity on the 9mm large frame mags. For 40 and 10mm since they are straight walled no problem. For 38 super also no big deal. 9mm being a cone shaped case the extension needs to take that into account. If for some reason it's unreliable to make 24 round mags with H141 style pads or 20-21 with H500 series pads I will probably cut two mags and weld them together plus use a smaller basepad (which will mostly contain the spring but not allow the follower and round to follow into it.

I'm just as excited as all 9mm owners to get a good mag. When we do I'll trick out my Stock II's in 9mm and who knows.. maybe shoot an IPSC production match some time.

;-)

Henning

No new designs ready yet. When I get the new 9mm mags I will see if it's possible to make a base-pad that extends the capacity in a reliable way. Currently you couldn't extend the capacity on the 9mm large frame mags. For 40 and 10mm since they are straight walled no problem. For 38 super also no big deal. 9mm being a cone shaped case the extension needs to take that into account. If for some reason it's unreliable to make 24 round mags with H141 style pads or 20-21 with H500 series pads I will probably cut two mags and weld them together plus use a smaller basepad (which will mostly contain the spring but not allow the follower and round to follow into it.

I'm just as excited as all 9mm owners to get a good mag. When we do I'll trick out my Stock II's in 9mm and who knows.. maybe shoot an IPSC production match some time.

;-)

Henning

If this was Facebook....I would 'Like' this :cheers: ....LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt the new 9mm mag with spacer in the back come?

I thought I read something about people already got it.

I was hoping that new 40 mags where around the corner....

I havent been shooting to long, but for me it seems kinda strange that a mag problem have not been fixed earlier.

It's not like these guns/calibers are brand new.... just a little strange i think.