Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

And so it begins

B.H.M.

So after reading for months I bit the bullet and ordered a new Witness Limited .40 from Hyatt Guns in Charlotte. What a beautiful gun! I knew that there were some feeding issues to deal with and sure enough, mine right out of the box (after a good cleaning and lube job) didnt feed any factory ammo! I tried every thing I could find locally. Some would nose dive, some would angle way up and hit the top of the barrel...

I ordered 4 of Hennings 21 round magazines and they do the same thing. I set the feed lips to .39ish but still no luck. I could manage to get 19 rounds in the mags but that was it. They do not seem to "stack" very well in the mags...

Oh well, I ordered a Dillon 550 yesterday, a bunch of Starline Brass, some Zero and some Montana Gold 180 grain bullets. Time to start loading long! We will figure this out one way or another :D

I dont think I would be involved in the sport if it wasnt for these forums! The wealth of knowledge is incredible. Thanks!

(my only experience prior to this is my Glock 34 for production and that gun will eat any factory ammo I feed it!)

So after reading for months I bit the bullet and ordered a new Witness Limited .40 from Hyatt Guns in Charlotte. What a beautiful gun! I knew that there were some feeding issues to deal with and sure enough, mine right out of the box (after a good cleaning and lube job) didnt feed any factory ammo! I tried every thing I could find locally. Some would nose dive, some would angle way up and hit the top of the barrel...

I ordered 4 of Hennings 21 round magazines and they do the same thing. I set the feed lips to .39ish but still no luck. I could manage to get 19 rounds in the mags but that was it. They do not seem to "stack" very well in the mags...

Oh well, I ordered a Dillon 550 yesterday, a bunch of Starline Brass, some Zero and some Montana Gold 180 grain bullets. Time to start loading long! We will figure this out one way or another :D

I dont think I would be involved in the sport if it wasnt for these forums! The wealth of knowledge is incredible. Thanks!

(my only experience prior to this is my Glock 34 for production and that gun will eat any factory ammo I feed it!)

Tanfoglio's like more length in OAL's

My Current fav in .40 is 1.195- 1.210

Reloaded on a Dillon 550 :)

After weeks of reading that seems to be the consensus. I will start around 1.18 and work up from there. I just need to figure the powder thing out! It seems that NV320 has the most votes but local availability is crap. Titegroup and Solo1000 seem to get a lot of good reports along with Clays (with a little controversy about spikes in pressure). Does everyone own a chrono or do people “share”? I suppose as long as you are loading your own rounds you will always want to check the results...

These toys and sports are addicting!

Atlanta Arms and Ammo has 1.180 .40 you can buy from them to try it out. I had one nose dive out of 100 rounds out of my limited. They sell them for 13 dollars a box. I was using factory .40 mag tubes and hennings spring and follower and base pad kit (21). I left the mag loaded with 19 rounds for a few days now I can get 20 rounds in there but not 21 so far.

Edited by G34 CORDY