Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock glock recoil springs

triplesinglestack

I searched extensively, and didn't find any results, I know the factory recoil springs are around 17 18 # or so, and manage Major power factor nicely, how low of a PF have people ran w/ stock recoil springs. I run a 13 # spring in my G35 w, a 180 gn bullet and 3.0 gns clays, loaded at 1.125, will they even run in a stock glock, or short barrel glock? ie. G22, G23, G27, etc. ????

TripleSingleStack,

I've ran factory recoil springs all the down to the minor power factor floor and the pistol(G34)functioned perfectly. However, your results may vary and, it's recommended that you don't cut it anywhere near that close, but it was nice to know that the pistol would still run with low powered ammo in a pinch.

RH

A 3.0 grain load of Clays pushing a 180gr. bullet in .40 S&W is playing pretty close to bug fart power levels. Technically below a mouse fart.

The OEM Glock recoil assembly prefers PF's at least 135+. But if your just plinkin'....so what.

Jim

I've gone down to 128 pf with 180g bullets out a stock G20 but I had to download the mags by one or two rounds to get the gun to cycle. The drag on the slide was to much to overcome. Also I have a prity firm grip when my older son shot the gun with that ammo it functioned but not with all the magazines and when my younger son shot it it would not cycle at all. So make sure your friends hold the gun and don't limp wrist, at that low a power factor there is not much forgiveness

Mike