Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P226 Sport Stock Sights

galt11

I have a 226 sport stock and am contemplating changing the front sight to a FO. However, I tried calling both Sig and LPA, who makes the sights and neither knows which number front sight is the correct one. Has anyone who owns one of these rare guns changed the front sight and if so what did you use? I was thinking of getting a Dawson, and they were happy to help but need me to send the slide to them. Thanks

Adam

If you don't want to send the slide to Dawson, you could try asking them how they measure their front sights for the heights published on their site, then measure your front sight the same way and find the one that matches. If you can't find one that matches, you may have to replace the front and rear sights to get a matched set, such as a Dawson FO front and a Warren Tactical rear. But even then, I've heard of Warren rears sometimes requiring some filing to get the POA to match the POI.

Thanks for the reply. I did just that when I was on the phone with them and the measurement was much different than anything they made. That was the reason they wanted the slide.

Adam

Is it about 0.337" Blade height or 0.400" from the base of the dovetail to the top of sight (heighest point)?

If so then it's a LPA Standard Adjustable (images below). They also offer a low profile. The Fiber Optic sight is TTF28SS and the standard is SPR28SS. They run $30 for replacement front. I think Top Gun Supply has the sets. The replacement parts have to be purchased through the local distributor (USA info below).

sell-024.jpg

sell-028.jpg

Ask for Jay (you will need to be persistant)

Precision Sights Int'l

2 Klarides Village Dr. #336

Seymour, CT 06483

Tel. (203) 262-6484

Fax (203) 262-6562

web: http://www.precisionsights.com