Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver help please

arizonachef

Look's like an old PPC pistol and all but a few have switched to Auto pistols. You'll see these for sale on Gun Broker once in a while.

Most are still good shooters and are a lot of fun to shoot steel plates with.

Might load some 38 Special loads and have a little fun with it, mine is dead nuts accurate and I'll take it out a few times a year and knock some plates over.

Yeah it shoots quite nice. I have never shot it in competition.

Look's like an old PPC pistol and all but a few have switched to Auto pistols. You'll see these for sale on Gun Broker once in a while.

Most are still good shooters and are a lot of fun to shoot steel plates with.

Might load some 38 Special loads and have a little fun with it, mine is dead nuts accurate and I'll take it out a few times a year and knock some plates over.

What type of info are you looking for? Appears to be a model 10. Tasco Pro Point, Bull Barrel. I have seen only one revo with the mount the way it is shown. Gene Marshall experimented with the mount only on the front and on the barrel in the mid 80's. I have two of his he made for me but Scope is mounted on the frame not the barrel. Both are great shooters. Stay away from the lighter bullets (lighter than 135 grains). I cracked two forcing cones using 122 grains just over 1000 fps not even 125 PF. :cheers: "shoot it well my friend" in my best Dos Equis Voice. later rdd

Looks like an early Model 10 with a pinned bbl and probably a recessed cylinder. Rain gutter sights and possibly a 6" bbl but most were 4" bbls. Someone added a slab side comp shield that uses allen screws to tighten to the barrel. Can you get some pix of the other side and the cylinder open and measure the bbl and give us what the trigger pull is? Because of the comp, this is considered an Open gun in USPSA, it is illegal altogether for IDPA. However, it is a perfect gun for shooting plate racks or the Steel Challenge.

billsahlberg@hotmail.com

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Where it can be shot etc and what is legal in. I kind of thought it would best for steel challenge stuff. Thanks so much for the info.

What type of info are you looking for? Appears to be a model 10. Tasco Pro Point, Bull Barrel. I have seen only one revo with the mount the way it is shown. Gene Marshall experimented with the mount only on the front and on the barrel in the mid 80's. I have two of his he made for me but Scope is mounted on the frame not the barrel. Both are great shooters. Stay away from the lighter bullets (lighter than 135 grains). I cracked two forcing cones using 122 grains just over 1000 fps not even 125 PF. :cheers: "shoot it well my friend" in my best Dos Equis Voice. later rdd