Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger adjustment

midget

I think I found out something kind of interesting... I have a multi-adjustable trigger that allows you to adjust the pre-travel as well as the post travel... I just got my gun back from my smith and wanted to get a little of the pre-travel removed... Well I guess I found a sweet spot in the adjustment that gets rid of the beaver-tail safety... Too bad I'm shooting in single stack :(

I think I found out something kind of interesting... I have a multi-adjustable trigger that allows you to adjust the pre-travel as well as the post travel... I just got my gun back from my smith and wanted to get a little of the pre-travel removed... Well I guess I found a sweet spot in the adjustment that gets rid of the beaver-tail safety... Too bad I'm shooting in single stack :(

You lost me. :blink:

Pat

Too much of the pre-travel has likely been removed.

The trigger bar seems like it's not allowing the grip safety to move far enough to block the trigger bar.

I think you are probably right... When I pull the trigger I can feel something move the beaver-tail a little bit...

A 1911 is one of those guns were you need some pretravel

a.roberts nailed it. As long as the trigger resets everytime, with the take up tab set where it is, you could take a little material off of the tip of the safety that contacts the trigger bow. Take the left grip panel off and you can see that the tab on the grip safety is not getting behind the trigger bow.

Depending on how well the gun is set up you can get by with .020" of take up and the gun will work just fine. If all the pin holes in the frame are in the right place and you are using high quality parts, the take up can be less than .020". One of my guns has less than .020" of take up and my back up has to have a little more.