Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate the gun laws in my country

quimico2

Hy guys ... i´m a hunter and shooter from Brazil, and i hate our guns laws.

In pistols , the "bigger" caliber permited is 380 ACP.... revolvers is 38 special.

Carbines is the 44-40W and rifles the 22 LR ....

We dont have semi auto shotguns too .....

Can you believe this situation ???????? I HATE THIS !!!!!!!!

Químico2

Uggg!

I'd love to visit Brazil, but there's no way I could live there with laws like that.

[thick sarcasm mode] on the bright side, I'm sure the severe gun restrictions have reduced the rate of violent gun crime to almost zero, and only a few more measures are required to completely eliminate it [/thick sarcasm mode]

I sympathize with you. If you ever find yourself in Louisiana, and need to throw some larger pieces of lead down range, look me up!

DogmaDog

I sympathize. When I lived in the UK, I needed a safe bolted to the floor, an active alarm, barred windows and regular visits from the police to own handguns. Each new gun required a full inspection by said police and approval from the chief constable.

Now even this is not enough apparently and no civilian can own handguns at all!

And I'm sure that people in both Brazil and the UK are so much safer because of these wonderfully protective laws ... NOT!

Kevin

Químico2,

I suggest you join the Confederação Brasileira de Tiro (Brazilian Practical Shooting Association or IPSC Brazil), because their members are allowed to possess and shoot big bore guns.

See their website for more information. The Regional Director is my old friend Mr. Luiz Frota - just tell him I sent you from the Brian Enos Forums.

Tanks Vince ... First excuse my english skills ... i´m a best shooter tan a good english writer.

Today i´m filiated to the Federação Gaúcha de Caça e Tiro ( www.fgct.com.br ) - a state federation of hunting and shooting - and the problem is the price of the taxes and tributes what i need to pay to posses a big bore gun.... is too much money and too much paper work.... The government control of guns will not improve the safety in our cities.

Vc é brasileiro ?? Are a brazilian shooter ??

DogmaDog :

Tanks for the invitation ... And the same to you .... If you ever find yourself in Rio grande do Sul, and need to throw some small pieces of lead down range, look me up!

Químico2