Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micrometer Crimp Dies?

blind bat

I just switched from a Lee 9mm FCD to a Redding taper crimp die. I started loading HAP .356" bullets and I think the FCD might have been undersizing them a little. I use an EGW/Lee undersized sizing die so the FCD was pretty much overkill. However, I really like being able to adjust amount of crimp on the fly. Since I'm using an LNL, making small die adjustments is a pain because you need to fight the LNL bushing to keep it from unlocking while making the adjustment.

Long story short, I'm looking for a taper crimp die that uses a micrometer adjustment (and doesn't resize) so I don't have to loosen the entire die to adjust my crimp. Does such a thing exist?

• 1 year later...

I just switched from a Lee 9mm FCD to a Redding taper crimp die. I started loading HAP .356" bullets and I think the FCD might have been undersizing them a little. I use an EGW/Lee undersized sizing die so the FCD was pretty much overkill. However, I really like being able to adjust amount of crimp on the fly. Since I'm using an LNL, making small die adjustments is a pain because you need to fight the LNL bushing to keep it from unlocking while making the adjustment.

Long story short, I'm looking for a taper crimp die that uses a micrometer adjustment (and doesn't resize) so I don't have to loosen the entire die to adjust my crimp. Does such a thing exist?

Did you ever find the micrometer-adjustable taper crimp die? I am looking for the same thing.

Chris

Never did. I haven't had a problem with inconsistent crimps using the Redding taper crimp die and I decided I liked the quality of the Redding dies better than the adjustability of the Lee dies. If you find an easy to adjust crimp die, please let me know.

• 1 year later...