Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swap or not reload with sPeedloaders?

steel1212

Wished I had done that. Last club match was 6 classifiers and. 50 rd field course. I hadn't shot my 625 in a long time. Most of the classifieds went o.k. The problem was the field course where my 625 became a 2 shot revolver---fire 2 rds then push the cylinder back. Didn't noticed that the cylinder screw had backed out to let the cylinder move enough to bind it.

The problem was the field course where my 625 became a 2 shot revolver---fire 2 rds then push the cylinder back. Didn't noticed that the cylinder screw had backed out to let the cylinder move enough to bind it.

The yoke screw being loose (or missing) shouldn't make any difference until you go to make a reload, then it gets embarassing when the cylinder and yoke falls on the ground. Sounds like maybe the ejector rod was loose.

The problem was the field course where my 625 became a 2 shot revolver---fire 2 rds then push the cylinder back. Didn't noticed that the cylinder screw had backed out to let the cylinder move enough to bind it.

The yoke screw being loose (or missing) shouldn't make any difference until you go to make a reload, then it gets embarassing when the cylinder and yoke falls on the ground. Sounds like maybe the ejector rod was loose.

The cylinder screw needed to be turned 3 full rotations to be flush with the frame. Am glad the cylinder and yoke didn't fall out..

If you're really worried about shoving the cylinder assembly off the gun, you can always rebuild the yoke screw in a way that removes the spring plunger retention set-up and gives it a hard lock-up.

I know a guy that had this happen twice. Any hints on how you do this? I wouldn't mind having that insurance!

I removed the yoke screw spring on my 686SSR and replaced it with a paper clip cut to length. Works like a charm, and only cost the time it took to track down a paper clip.

That said, I reload with my strong hand.