Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Production Rules

NRAActionPistol

I couldn't explain it in words but these are the sights that they are prohibiting. They can be set up for 3 different distances. After set up you turn the wheel on the side of the sight to the number that you want for a specific yard line.

Bomar did make a rib like the blued gun to go on a revolver. I don't know of any Bomars or Aristocrats that would fit in the original dovetails so I believe that that alone would prohibit them.

The Bomar type that does not have the 3 allen screw settings is legal for Production as long as it fits in the original dovetail and the gun came with adjustable sights from the factory.

post-50-037587000 1293842738_thumb.jpg

I do have a question about about the sights allowed in production. I replaced the rear adjustable sight on my Glock 34 with a Dawson adjustable rear. I thought this was allowed since I replaced one adjustable for another, but now I see that Bomar type sights are prohibited. Which is it? I don't know of any other adjustable sight for the glock that isn't a clone of a Bomar. What am I missing? Thanks.

Mark

FWIW, I shot a Dawson Adjustable in Production last year and I believe Randi Rogers did as well. Not sure about other but there were at least two of us.

The rule is that you can not cut the slide to make a new sight fit the firearm, therefore if it fits in the original cut then as far as I am concerned it is legal. Bomar used to make one that required a slide to be machined and they also made a drop in. There is going to be confusion.

It all comes back to the no external modifications. If you have to remove material to make it work or fit then no go.