Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Morton's Neuroma

lynn jones

A word of advice, get yourself to a foot doctor and cut that sucker out. Forget the shots and all that stuff. It wont go away, it wont stop and it just gets worse. I fought that thing for a year, the shots hurt as much as the nervoma and only last a couple of weeks. A simple 30 min surgery, I was on my feet the same day and in a week I couldnt tell it ever happened. Dont fool around with it, fix it, now.---------Larry

+1 I went thru this for about 3 years thinking it was my work boots. At end of the day would loosen boots on way home it would ease up. Finally went to foot doctor he did operation in office and was up fishing in Canada 3 days latter. Bad part is he called my wife day later to see how I was doing, because I am a wussy about needles, really helped my ego.

Get her done.

• 2 weeks later...

As a board certified podiatrist who deals with all foot and ankle problems.

try the cortisone injections first. I do a series of two (two weeks apart) have you wear proper shoes and ice the area, i do a third if i think i need it after a month or two.

Generally i see an 75% response, out of the hundreds of surgeries i do a year maybe less than 10 are to excise neuromas...

You can follow others advice if you choose.

try the cortisone injections first. I do a series of two (two weeks apart) have you wear proper shoes and ice the area, i do a third if i think i need it after a month or two.

Generally i see an 75% response, out of the hundreds of surgeries i do a year maybe less than 10 are to excise neuromas...

hey bear23,

thanks, i'm waiting to the first of the year. i'll go to the doctor for a proper diagnosis, then i decide. mine does not hurt all the time, comes and goes without warning. if i'm at the range all day, it will start hurting.

lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Lynn - I would listen to Bear. :cheers: