Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which barrel?

saab

My barrel has these chatter marks on the lands. I've never seen this before. It goes back to the factory today.

If the chatter marks are right in front of the chamber, they're normal. Call SL and that's what they'll tell you. My first SL barrel had gouges in it, and it should have never made it past QC...they described the chatter marks to me, so I sent them a picture of the gouges...they replaced it, but it took a month (actually over a month). The replacement barrel has some chatter marks right after the chamber, but shoots fine. R,

I tried a Storm Lake in my SSP/Production 9L, and it just flat out would not work. It had consistent and numerous failures to extract. My gunsmith (a competition shooter) had a go at it (including reaming the chamber, which was tight) with no luck. I put the stock barrel back in and it has been stone reliable ever since. On the other hand, I have a ported 5.7" Storm Lake in my 9L Open gun, and it works perfectly.

Edited by fred5876r

I tried a Storm Lake in my SSP/Production 9L, and it just flat out would not work. It had consistent and numerous failures to extract. My gunsmith (a competition shooter) had a go at it (including reaming the chamber, which was tight) with no luck. I put the stock barrel back in and it has been stone reliable ever since. On the other hand, I have a ported 5.7" Storm Lake in my 9L Open gun, and it works perfectly.

Funny that might had FTEs with the stock barrel, and not a one with the SL in it...no telling with this stuff! R,