Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Educate me on Smooth vs Grooved Glock Triggers

sierra77mk

I have a Gen2 G17 and a Gen3 G22 and both triggers are smooth.

I have used a G27 which had a grooved or scalloped trigger which I did not like.

I have seen images of G23 with this same grooved trigger.

Which models come with which trigger textures? What is the rationale for the different styles?

Can I change one for another?

You can put the smooth triggers on any of the models with a grooved trigger. As I understand it, the grooved triggers are put on the shorter guns (barrel length) so that they qualify for target gun status (whatever that means), for import quota purposes. R,

At one time ATF required certain items for import points. The frames smaller than full size required points to get into the US. Grooved triggers and adjustable sights gave them the points needed.

Cool, more useless Glock trivia that only I will find amusing when I bring it up at the dinner table tonight. :closedeyes:

Thanks pvhendrix! :cheers:

Edited by sirveyr

The original question has been answered correctly but, a lot of people find that they can shoot the compacts as well as the full size. I'm one of those people. The reason for me at least, seems to be the "target" trigger. I swapped the triggers on my G17 and found I can shoot it MUCH better than the G19 with both having the same trigger style.

Just thought you might want to know more useless Glock facts as I'm sure other shooters have done the same experiment.