Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SR9 Shooting Mag Safety

trentriver

drop the mag, clear the chamber, visually check the gun is clear then show the ro to verify.

inform the ro of mag safety and show him an empty mag, insert mag and pull trigger to verify clear, remove mag, holster gun.

just means you have to carry an empty mag.

drop the mag, clear the chamber, visually check the gun is clear then show the ro to verify.

inform the ro of mag safety and show him an empty mag, insert mag and pull trigger to verify clear, remove mag, holster gun.

just means you have to carry an empty mag.

+1. The part about informing the RO is critical as inserting a mag is not considered the "norm" during the clearing process.

• 1 month later...

The part about informing the RO is critical as inserting a mag is not considered the "norm" during the clearing process.

It's always good to inform the RO if your equipment requires a departure from the norm. I use a CZ Shadow (DA/SA) with no decocker, which on "Make Ready" requires that I hold the hammer with my weak hand while I insert my trigger finger inside the trigger guard and pull the trigger while manually lowering the hammer to the double-action position. I always let the RO know what I'm going to do, rather than give him or her a coronary when they see me put my finger on the trigger with a round in the chamber. I guess it's just the price of not using what everyone else does.