Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 170mm mags

ParaGunner

I thank DP for releasing the Para Ice magwell again ,now I have another question. There are no 170mm mags availible or extentions to make Para mags 170mm . I have been wanting to build a Para open pistol but there is no mag options availible. Can Dp design a extentsion to make Para mags 170mm? I don't know if plastic would be better than aluminum because of weight, but it would be awesome to have a 170mm 9mm Para mag. There would probably be more open Para shooters if there was a 170mm mag options for Paras.

So what does everyone think? Can DP help us Para shooters out again? I know they can. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

OK, SPS sells 170mm STI for Para mags that hold 29 reloadable. I've got several of the Dawson PO mag extensions that let me carry 24/25rnds reloadable. This is an untuned mag in 38Super, talking with others, once it's been tuned, the SPS should hold 31/32rnds reloadable in 9mm or some of the 38 SC and other rimless cases. Don't know about the 9mm, I don't have a mag here to load (I'm on vacation in Indy this week). Anyway, the DP extensions on the PO 38Super/9mm mags have run 100%, but I've had issues with 38Super in the PO mags in stock form. Next time I order more cases, it'll be of the rimless variety. The PO mags NEED tuning, but finding anybody that does PO mag bodies is not easy. I've sent a bunch of mail, phone calls and email to PO about 170 mags, but as yet, not a thing back from them.

HTH

Vince

I have and did not have any issues with them. In my other para, I experimented with it and used an EGW mag catch. This then allowed me to use STI or SVI stock and tuned ones! You may have to adjust the opening for the mag catch in the mag. I had to file just a bit for a smooth operation.

DP

Can I get some input on the possibility of a extension being made to extend Para mags to 170mm. I really would like to use factory Para mags with a extension to get the most rounds in the mag. The 170mm mags availible from aftermarket distibutors seem questionable about the quality.