Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Tube extension

StephensOutdoors

When my M2 is all decked out for Open, the mag tube sticks out 12 inches past the 26 inch barrel. Its not been that hard to deal with, other than with tilted abandonment barrels...

tilted barrels are spawn of the devil in so many ways... :angry2:

I would not worry one bit about a 8 round tube under a 18 inch barrel.

jj

A standard Mossberg 590 has a 20" barrel and the 8-round mag tube is flushed with the barrel. With your 18" barrel, you would be looking at extending the magazine tube about 2" past the barrel.

But one thing to consider is the rules of the 3-gun matches, with most allowing for 9 rounds in the gun at the start. The rules will vary on whether or not your 9th round can be in the chamber or in the tube. But since you're already getting a tube that extends past the barrel, consider getting one just a little more longer to allow for 9 rounds for a little bit of an advantage at the start.

This was covered in another thread previously....I believe it was Trapr who had the math, but if it was someone else, my mistake for not giving proper credit..........The spread of shot would require the extension to be something like 2 feet beyond the muzzle for it to get hit....

Old Thread

Edited by GorillaTactical