Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Nordic extension for M1?

diversmith

Hey all you Benelli experts....just wanted to verify which nordic mag tube extension to get for my HK marked M1. It is an 18.5" model that is currently 7+1 and would like to get it to 8+1. I know the tube will extend slightly past the barrel. Should I be getting the +5 tube to get the 8+1 capacity? Thanks for the help

Will it accept an extension? The early HK marked M1s have a fixed tube. The only way to "replace" it w/ a +5 is to cut it off.

I'm taking a wild guess it is a later HK marked gun since it can't be ghost loaded. I am planning on taking it apart this week for a top to bottom cleaning so I will know then.

Just figured I would throw this out there in case it might help other M1 owners after doing some disassembly this morning and a little measuring.

I just ordered a +4 nordic ext from Midway. I have a +5 on my new M2 I just got from Benny Hill and comparing the two mag tubes side by side the +4 will be right in the middle giving me a total of 8+1. My new M2 holds 9+1 (+ ghost load) so the M1 should be 8+1 with the +4, and since it is a later HK marked gun, the mag tube just screwed right off and is modular with no cutting required. I also ordered up some Carlsons extended choke tubes in Lite Mod per Benny's recommendation. This should work great on my M1 since the +4 mag tube is going to stick out just a little...it will help make up some of the difference.

I will update after I get the parts and do the install.

Midway has a chart listed on the Nordic page giving all of the tube lengths and that was very helpful...anybody buying a tube that is not sure of how it will fit (depending on what model you are putting it on) should take a peek at that chart