Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ankle Holster

caz41

Ankle holsters are a very subjective thing but, I've tried the Galco, Desantes, and Fobus and settled on the Desantes model. The Galco was nice but I didn't like the way it attaches around the leg. I felt that it was too easy to come loose. The Fobus had a terrible angle that made the gun print and almost zero padding. The Desantes is as well made as the Galco but has a much more secure manner of attaching around the leg. I carry a Glock 27 in it daily with no problems or discomfort. Just as a side note, I do wear boots on duty and attach the ankle holster around the boot top.

PM me if you'd like any additional or more specific info.

I've tried a bunch for my G27, to include the most expensive "normal" one you can get (like $275 or so), and if you can find one, the Lou Alessi ankle holster is the way to go. Lou passed away, and I'm not sure if Alessi is even taking orders any longer (they have lots of gov't contracts), but they're worth the wait. Some smart company makes one that's the spitting image of the Alessi...it's a good company, and I don't grudge them for borrowing the idea as lots of holsters on the market are copies of another design. I'll try to sort out who it was and post a link. R,

I've tried a bunch for my G27, to include the most expensive "normal" one you can get (like $275 or so), and if you can find one, the Lou Alessi ankle holster is the way to go. Lou passed away, and I'm not sure if Alessi is even taking orders any longer (they have lots of gov't contracts), but they're worth the wait. Some smart company makes one that's the spitting image of the Alessi...it's a good company, and I don't grudge them for borrowing the idea as lots of holsters on the market are copies of another design. I'll try to sort out who it was and post a link. R,

There is one available in the classifieds right now....helluva deal and no wait time :devil:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116430&st=0&p=1320109entry1320109

I have or have had holsters from Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Rob Tucker and Delfatti.... +1 on the Alessi. Although I didn't use mine other than to try it on a couple of times it is definitely of the quality that shines through out of the box where you know its a holster that will give outstanding use to its owner.

As an aside I had tried a Galco, Desantis, Apache, and Gould & Goodrich before I bought the Alessi. The Alessi is better than the others, unfortunately my need for ankle carry is just nonexistent.

There is one available in the classifieds right now....helluva deal and no wait time :devil:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116430&st=0&p=1320109entry1320109

I have or have had holsters from Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Rob Tucker and Delfatti.... +1 on the Alessi. Although I didn't use mine other than to try it on a couple of times it is definitely of the quality that shines through out of the box where you know its a holster that will give outstanding use to its owner.

As an aside I had tried a Galco, Desantis, Apache, and Gould & Goodrich before I bought the Alessi. The Alessi is better than the others, unfortunately my need for ankle carry is just nonexistent.

Wow, that's a deal...most folks wait 6-12 months for one. I only use mine for a second gun, and after a while I started forgetting it was there. R,

So it comes with the boot strap too? Also right or left hand?

right hand, and yes both the holster and the boot strap extension.

edited to add, that it is a holster for a right handed draw so the holster is worn on the left leg. I'm sure you know this, just making sure. :D

Edited by smokshwn

Yeah I was actually trying to think of a good way to word it when I asked you which one it was. I guess we were thinking along the same lines there.

Can you email me a picture of the actual holster itself. I know you said in the other post that it is new, but it would help me sleep better at night ;) caz41@hotmail.com