Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro 9mm shooting high

gerritm

I know this is going to sound strange. I have a 2 year old Limited Pro 9mm. It is stock except for a factory fiber optic sight. I have about 5K rounds thru it. Love the gun, after sorting out some mag problems with Henning's help, it runs with no problems and has always been very accurate. Lately I have noticed that it is shooting about 4" high. I have always covered the center of the target with the front sight and that is where it hits, now I have to aim at the bottom of the center ring to get it to hit the center or top of the ring. I checked it on a plate rack yesterday and in order to hit the center of the plate, I have to aim at the bottom hinge area. I tried adjusting the rear sight and it doesn't seem to change the point of impact. I have not changed my grip and it shoots perfect from left to right. Any suggestions as to why the POI would move on elevation? Barrel rifling looks good, I keep it clean.

If the sight got bumped or caught on something it could be stuck n a high position, which would also explain the adjustment not having an effect.??

I dissasembled the sight and cleaned it. It didn't look like there were any problems with it. It moves freely up and down.

If the sight got bumped or caught on something it could be stuck n a high position, which would also explain the adjustment not having an effect.??

Thanks for the thought. After I initially did a cursory check on the sight and thought I had cleaned it, it turns out there was some crud under the screw head where the raised friction bumps contact between the screw and the base. They were almost smooth with this build up. I think it was keeping me from adjusting it correctly and vibrating the adj. screw and allowing the sight to move. I scraped the crud out and screwed the sight down and tested it today at the range and all is well. Cover the A zone and it hits dead center.