Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading 45 and 9 in Florida and need advice

Mx Central

A chrono should be a basic part of every reloader's gear. Unless you're copying someone else's load and really trust your scale and theirs, or are staying so close to starting loads, that you're really not concerned about overpressure, you should chrono your loads so you know what you've created.

OTOH, if you trust your scale and are using well established load data, and all you care about is "does it function my gun(s), and shoot accurately?" then you can certainly get by without one.

Hey nji Want to shoot soon ??? I found the deli you speak of.....

Would love to...but I can't during the week...work would frown on that. Sunday's are pretty much the only time I can get away. I see you're planning to shoot tomorrow. Are you retired or government employee and have Veteran's Day off?

Did you eat at Cohen's or just find it? Try one of the sloppy joes.

What do you have for steel? I just bought some cheap ones via ebay, and wonder if we have something similar. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to shoot mine.

Currently unemployed , didn't try the deli yet and I have cheap steel from Ebay also. I just put them on the tables we have.I may have to make new tables soon as these are getting pretty chewed up.

From 60rgp49? If so, how much have you shot them (with what calibers/bullets) and how are they holding up? I got the 1/4" AR plates.

Since you're between jobs, I'll warn you, the deli is not cheap...but the food is really good.

For cardboard targets, if you get a couple of these

http://www.pcsoutdoors.com/southbendcompanyrh1sbheavydutyspiralrodholder.aspx

at WalMart and then get some 1x2's from Home Depot/Lowes/etc. and then trim the 1x2's to fit, you can have target stands for about $5 each that are ultra portable.

Two of those spiral fishing rod holders and one 1x2 cut in half will hold a target very nicely if you can sink them into the ground. Probably no good in gravel pit ranges, but works fine where I've used them.

I've got a RL550B, bought through Brian. I reload in a spare bedroom, 9mm and .45acp so far...but will be doing a few rifle calibers either when my supply of factory runs low or when I feel like giving it a try.

I got mine from

Member id arkcusmfg68 . They seem to be holding up pretty well considering I use everything from 22lr to 45acp on them.

Do you know the type of steel and thickness of your plates? Have they dimpled at all from bullet impacts, or do the bullets leave no mark whatsoever other than knocking the paint off if you've painted them? Mine have dimpled from every 9mm hit. I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller.