Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure to Engage

gunshrink

I call that "Mistake Magnification" and I can relate with it. My FTE's have always been bathed in a sort of divine light while I'm wondering, "How did I do that?"

You want to see an awesome example of that.... This is me in my second 3 gun match... look at around the 35 second mark as I walk past a target that is screaming SHOOT ME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq9xQ_TEQD8

At the end of my string the RO said "IF the shooter is done..." trying to nudge me to shoot the obvious steel plate three feet away!

I did this just this past Saturday. It was T1-T3, two each, T4-T6, two each, separated by eight poppers behind hard targets.

First, I should say that I love steel- it's my favorite.

I got to the eight poppers, and, in nearly machine-gun-like fire, everyone heard TING! TING! TING! TING! TING! TING! TING! TING!

I was the man. Up until, after hearing, "IF the shooter is finished..." I realized that, even though I hit it, the first popper didn't fall. And I didn't notice it. All 4 feet of it. Standing there mocking me, laughing it's ass off at me, like a mean-spirited midget.

Edited by Benl

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, note to self....when RO says "if" shooter is done figure out what target you forgot LOL. I forgot one this weekend and it was the most obvious one AND the one I specifically devised a plan to shoot! Oh well, it was my first stage in my first match.