Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clubs sharing one USPSA affiliation.

pivoproseem

I was thinking... yes, that's dangerous. I know of a local club with a few members interested in putting on USPSA matches, but are not ready to commit the time and energy to put on the 8 matches required per year. I thought, how great would it be to get 2 or 3 clubs together to have USPSA matches at the respective ranges, rotating monthly so the same crew doesn't have to do the set up. My current club ran a few matches several years ago, but it was too much for the match director who was neck deep in IDPA at the time, too. I know I don't want to make ANOTHER hobby into work, but if helping to set up only 3 or 4 matches a year would get another local USPSA match, that might give me some incentive. Are there any clubs out there doing this?

Edited by pivoproseem

Club affiliation is not so much the actual range as much as it is the people. The club I belong to uses two different ranges. There is also talk about making up a group who will do a bit of traveling during the spring, summer and fall seasons to participate/help at other clubs ranges.

So if you can set it up so that one core group handles setup at one range and another core group handles setup at another range I do not see a problem with that.