Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video Camera Recommendations

Well, I feel like I am getting to the point of wanting to get some video stuff going in my shooting game. I have been looking around at some cameras and seem to be drawn to the "Flip". It seems rugged and simple. And the price is pretty reasonable. Any experience with these? Thoughts or other recommendations?

Thanks

Kevin

I have been using the Insignia NS-DV1080P from Best Buy. I wanted a cheap camera that I could toss in my range bag and if it got destroyed, no big deal. I looked at the Flip, but was really turned off by the fact that they only had internal storage AND you had to plug the entire camera in to retrieve your video's. This may have changed since I looked at them.

I keep an 8 gig SD card in my camera and have another on standby. I also have an extra battery on standby. When I plug it into the big screen and play the videos from the camera everyone is always amazed at the picture quality.

This camera has been in my range bag for a year now with no issues. Just did over a week at Nationals.

I have been using the Insignia NS-DV1080P from Best Buy. I wanted a cheap camera that I could toss in my range bag and if it got destroyed, no big deal. I looked at the Flip, but was really turned off by the fact that they only had internal storage AND you had to plug the entire camera in to retrieve your video's. This may have changed since I looked at them.

I keep an 8 gig SD card in my camera and have another on standby. I also have an extra battery on standby. When I plug it into the big screen and play the videos from the camera everyone is always amazed at the picture quality.

This camera has been in my range bag for a year now with no issues. Just did over a week at Nationals.

Do you (or anyone else suggesting a camera) have any video's posted on youtube or online so we can see the quality ?

I have been using a Kodak Playsport. I use an 8gb card, and keep two extra batteries that I have never needed.

I bought it because it is waterproof to 10 feet and I have a 3 yr old that loves to swim. It's also pretty rugged.

There is a remote available for $10 that makes it easy to view on the TV without having to stand by the TV to control it.

The 720p video can be shot in 30 fps or 60 fps if you want to do slow-mo. 720p also has a pretty wide angle view which is helpful while filming stages.

It also does 1080 video, but it isn't as wide an angle.

Do you (or anyone else suggesting a camera) have any video's posted on youtube or online so we can see the quality ?

I have some from my playsport posted. This is a stage from a local match last weekend. (Ignore bad technique pls)

This is a buddy of mine his first day firing a pistol.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a techno-simpleton, and have and like the Flip HD. Had some issues with the battery not holding a charge, but have switched to using 2 regular AA batteries and no more problems. I like the ruggedness and simplicity. I can give it to just about anybody on the squad and all they have to do is push the big red button and follow the shooter on the screen; and all I have to do after the match is stick it into the side of my laptop for an easy and fast download. It's good if you want simple and reliable. Cheers.

-br