Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry Bullets and Mr. Bullet Feeder

ok so I've been using Gold Dots and Campro bullets (147gr) with my bullet feeder for years. Last week I got given a bunch of 147 gr Berry's. What a PITA. about every 10 bullets or so, one or more would be point down. Of course that makes a mess when loading on the 1050, bullets going everywhere, knocking powder out of the cases and such. I marked the thingee on the bullet feeder, loosened the allen screw, and tried turning it each way, so that the groove was engaging more, or less of the bullet as it traveled over it. In the end, it seems I've returned to the original position, and now I only get the occasional upside down bullet. I really don't get it.

Any tips from anyone?

I don’t have a Mr. Bullet feeder but I use berry’s 147 9mm’s and have collators built like the KISS. I have an adjustable voltage transformer that I use to speed up or slow down the “flipping” that makes the difference. Rifle bullets can be run faster than pistol bullets, I have used up to 15 volts with mine. On the other hand, Precision 230’s being almost square and having the flat point tip like around 8 volts to run 100%.

ok so I've been using Gold Dots and Campro bullets (147gr) with my bullet feeder for years. Last week I got given a bunch of 147 gr Berry's. What a PITA. about every 10 bullets or so, one or more would be point down. Of course that makes a mess when loading on the 1050, bullets going everywhere, knocking powder out of the cases and such. I marked the thingee on the bullet feeder, loosened the allen screw, and tried turning it each way, so that the groove was engaging more, or less of the bullet as it traveled over it. In the end, it seems I've returned to the original position, and now I only get the occasional upside down bullet. I really don't get it.

Any tips from anyone?

Yup: Call Rick (480) 235-8864 ;)

Just a quick note, I used Mr. Bulletfeeder as the name as its the current name of the device, but it is in fact a KISS unit.

I'll give Rick a call on my days off. I don't the think he'd like me calling at 3am when I'm up messing about.