Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production gun list

I am very interested in purchasing a EAA Witness Elite Match (tang) in 40 S&W, and according to various websites and forums I cannot find a straight answer to what class the firearm fall in. Unfortunately the device I'm using to surf the web wont allow me to open the actual document USPSA provides so any help you can provide would be great. I have read a couple of sites that state because it is single action only it automatically fall into the limited class, this is crucial to the caliber i choose so again thanks in advance for your help!

I am very interested in purchasing a EAA Witness Elite Match (tang) in 40 S&W, and according to various websites and forums I cannot find a straight answer to what class the firearm fall in. Unfortunately the device I'm using to surf the web wont allow me to open the actual document USPSA provides so any help you can provide would be great. I have read a couple of sites that state because it is single action only it automatically fall into the limited class, this is crucial to the caliber i choose so again thanks in advance for your help!

First off, guns are Divided by Division, shooters are Classified by shooting Classifiers :) With that out of the way, any gun that is single action, i.e. no provision for a double-action first shot, is prohibited in Production Division. That leaves Limited, Limited-10 (download to only 10rds in the mag after the start signal, or Open (not competitive) for the Witness Elite Match. If you aren't already shooting USPSA matches (sounds like you're not), DO NOT buy a new gun until you've linked up with your local club and talked to the shooters there. I've seen folks show up with their new USPSA gun, only to find out that they've spend $2K on a gun that will only be allowed in Limited, shooting Minor, at a serious disadvantage...you don't want to be that guy! There's a thread you should read, I'll go get a link and edit in here. R,

Here's the link:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78927&view=findpost&p=913533

Edited by G-ManBart

Got one in 40... Limited or Lim-10 is the divisions you can shoot in... open if you feel crazy. Get the 40 and dont look back.. check out where the EAA/Tang forum in the vendor area and go to Henning's site and get the 21 round mags. You will be got to go for limited.

Matt

Awesome thanks for your help guys, I am going with the .40 SW and I will also look into those high cap mags. I did join a local club here and all these guys run the open race guns and I'm just not ready for that yet! I was going back and fourth about production and limited and have decided on limited for the mag capacity.