Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with 650 needed

O.K. I FINALLY got all my load components together yesterday :cheers: . Since I have had the 650 for over a week now I was very excited to start loading. I got everything set according to the manual + with all the great advice here. I did the "bearing on the shellholder" mod and it is smooth. Now as to the problem: I used some Hornady Case Lube on the 9mm Brass and did a test run to make sure I had things set properly and everything goes smooth until the case is ready to be ejected. It hangs up on the wire and jams the press. With a gentle upstroke of the handle some but not all will eject properly. Also, the wire will raise and the tip will come out of the hole in the base. What have I done wrong? :(

Make sure you haven't clamped the ejector wire in the bearing or the shellplate bolt. It should just sit in there alongside the bolt. You may have to bend the wire a little bit to make it stay in the retainer hole and slide along the bolt. When I added the bearing to mine, I just held each end and put a little bow in the wire with my thumbs. Before I did that, I had the same symptoms you describe.

Watch closely as the casing indexes to the ejector wire - you'll probably see the cause.

I went ahead and did the SteveHarris eject wire bend mod to mine and haven't had the issue.

He supplies a PDF in his post that is to scale when you print it out. makes its easy to duplicate.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5560

Edited by Boxerglocker