Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Contingency and Non-Contingency

alpha-charlie

Just a general knowledge question as I have heard and been to matches that have been advertised as "A STI Contingency Match" or other shooters on teams have to wear certain shirts at Contingency matches or non-contingency matches. So what's the difference???

Manufactures pick specific matches each year that they target as contingency matches. The manufacture sets their contingency requirements for the match, such as wear our shirt and finish in a specific position within a division and you get XYZ prize as a reward. Not all matches are considered contingency qualifying matches. Only the specific matches that the manufacture chooses to qualify as a contingency match. STI is one of the manufactures that runs a contingency program for specifically defined matches. You would need to check their website to figure out which matches qualify as contingency matches as well as what their requirements are in order to qualify for a contingency reward based on your match performance.

As far as I know STI is the only company doing a contingency program for specific USPSA matches. There may be other companies that do something similar but I have not heard of it.

Black Bullets International has a similar program, wear their shirt, shoot their bullets and then finish in a certain spot and i think you get a discount/free bullets on the enxt order? not sure on details, just know they have something going on.

usually they are only for big matches, like Nationals, Area matches and some State/sectional matches