Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best moving targets to buy?

Alfie

Just what the title says, I'm looking to buy some moving targets to practise with and I'd like to hear what opinions others have. Which ones are built well? Easy to transport? Best bang for buck? What you change? I'm ALL about supporting the people who support the sport and who help out here too. Let 'em rip....

Just what the title says, I'm looking to buy some moving targets to practise with and I'd like to hear what opinions others have. Which ones are built well? Easy to transport? Best bang for buck? What you change? I'm ALL about supporting the people who support the sport and who help out here too. Let 'em rip....

GT Targets or MGM both of whom are in the vendors area.

There really is no such thing as cheap movers unless you buy an old one from a club.

What are you referring to when you say "moving targets"? Swingers, drop turners, bobbers? If drop turners are one of them I highly suggest the MGM drop turners. Not cheap but good quality stuff. They weigh 20# and break down into two pieces for easier transportation. They can be set for one or two appearances.

As far as swingers and bobbers, they are going to be heavy and expensive.

Pat

I'm looking to buy a swinging target at first and possible a drop turner after that. I'd like something well built and durable. I'd like to transport it to and from the club so something easy to disassemble would be a plus. I'm trying to avoid buying a science project or something that is just too flimmsy to work every time. I'd like to know stuff like: if the bearings were problematic, or if it's a pain to mount the paper target sticks, or if it's very easy to level the stand. Stuff like that. A club I shoot at has several of the gunsteel products and they work well. I can't say I've ever really looked at an MGM setup.