Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W for Production

LocknLoad

Currently I own a S&W Model 915. I see that the 910 is legal for production, but the 915 is not listed (same pistol as 910 with a larger magazine capacity). If I only load 10 rounds in each magazine, is my 915 legal for Production, or would I only be able to shoot Limited?

Also, I am considering a new pistol after the first of the year. I prefer the feel of a S&W (just personal taste), but I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for a good S&W legal Production pistol. I like the M&P9 Pro, but I wasn't sure if it was a legal Production gun.

Thanks,

David S.

Probably because they haven't made 2000 of them yet since it just came out. It took a while for the 9mm Pro to get on the list. There's a thread about it on here where Julie G kept people updated as 2000 approached and the paperwork got filed.

• 2 months later...

If its not on the list, then, no, its technically not legal for use. BUT I seriously doubt that at a local match anyone will give you a hard time about it. The 915 doesn't provide any advantage over any other DA 9mm.

Thanks, guys. I assume that since the 915 isn't on the list it is not legal for production, even though the 910 is?

I don't know if they made enough 915s, before the laws changed in 1994 and the 915 got renamed the 910.....

If I were e-mailing Amidon for a ruling, I'd be certain to point out (and ideally have S&W verify) that it was simply a name change to distinguish which magazines shipped with the gun....