Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate Pistol

skeeter60

Skeeter,

I just got my CzechMate. I quickly discovered that it has a very short lead. At least short for my usual guns. My usual OAL for my STI Open gun put the bullet well into the lands of the CzechMate. So, because I really wanted to shoot it, I just ran a batch of cartridges through the Dillon and re-seated and reduced the OAL them down to 1.133 and took off for the range. I shot the first three rounds through the chrono...and, Wow, PF of 200! Oddly enough it didn't seem to be particularly as violent as one would expect at that PF. Obviously, I'll work up a better load, but I got to shoot the new gun.

Shooting off-hand head shots at 25 yards produced groups of approximately 2 inches...give or take a skosh. I'm sure it would produce better results off of sandbags/rests. So the answer to your question is "Yes, it can."

BTW, three other observations: The rails appear to be handlapped! Putting the comp on the barrel captures the barrel in the slide and makes it a little awkward to clean it. And, it will not strip the first two cartridges from a fully loaded (20 rounds) mag...perhaps extensions will help.

This is the first Factory Open pistol I've ever had...all others were custom built. The CzechMate is equal in all important aspects to the custom builts.

I'm happy!! More later.

A-G

A-G

My two Tactical Sports shoot ~1" at 25y and since the Czechmate is based on the TS, I'd be very surprised if the accuracy was much different.

My buddy is still waiting on his, but as soon it shows up (should be any day now) I'll let you know exactly how accurate it is :)

@All-Gator, If you find the time please take a bunch of phtotos of the gun and post them. The Czechmate is such a beauty :wub:

Did you buy the whole set with extra barrels and all?

Perhaps thats the only way it's available so far?

Mikael,

Yes, I bought the full package: Three barrels, conversion parts to morph a Standard pistol, and other assorted "goodies."

Sorry, I'm not much into photography; but, I have a shooting buddy who does that sort of thing. So, I'll ask him if he is willing. It may take some time.

Two other things have cropped up: (1) I forgot that all my holsters are for STI/SVA pistols. So, I just dropped another unexpected $300 for a Double Alpha RaceMaster holster (that I still will have to modify the SP01 block to accept the TS frame), belt, and extra block for a CZ75. And, (2) I've gotten used to using the Quinn 90-degree mount for the C-more...the upright postion now seems very awkward. Oh, Lord, the Law of unintended Consequences is harsh!

But, I'm still happy!!

A-G

Mikael,

Yes, I bought the full package: Three barrels, conversion parts to morph a Standard pistol, and other assorted "goodies."

Sorry, I'm not much into photography; but, I have a shooting buddy who does that sort of thing. So, I'll ask him if he is willing. It may take some time.

Two other things have cropped up: (1) I forgot that all my holsters are for STI/SVA pistols. So, I just dropped another unexpected $300 for a Double Alpha RaceMaster holster (that I still will have to modify the SP01 block to accept the TS frame), belt, and extra block for a CZ75. And, (2) I've gotten used to using the Quinn 90-degree mount for the C-more...the upright postion now seems very awkward. Oh, Lord, the Law of unintended Consequences is harsh!

But, I'm still happy!!

A-G

Sounds great, hope he'll be up for some photography :)

Would be nice hear what you think about the Racemaster, been thinking about it for my Shadow. Got the DAA PDR lowride now and really like it. But keep on wanting the RM :rolleyes:

Perhaps a bit OT, but hopefully the ts wont mind to much :blush:

So, I just dropped another unexpected $300 for a Double Alpha RaceMaster holster (that I still will have to modify the SP01 block to accept the TS frame), belt, and extra block for a CZ75.

Fitting the Racemaster is easy. I did mine in about 10 minutes with a fine bastard file. The lock is rock solid on my 75B .40, and you can adjust the holster to as tight or loose as you want with the lock disabled.

You don't need to load them quite that short. I load my TS to 1.158". I've used the same length with the test loads I've made for the CM. I haven't shot it yet (see below) but it drops into the barrel without hitting the lands.

I currently have an Arredondo holster that fits the TS/CM just fine but I find the 12lb pull is a bit much - my whole rig shifts when I try to draw. Maybe I just need to break it in some more but I'm also thinking about trying out the CR Speed. I believe that fits the TS just fine and visually it looks like it's long enough to still use the cup with the CM.

I'm currently waiting for a Quinn mount to be installed onto my CM. The holes didn't line up to the standard 2011 holes that are predrilled into the mount so my Smith was somehow able to get a new mount that was untapped and he's now drilling the mounting holes to match the CM frame. He was hoping to get it to me last week before he took off for Nationals but now it looks like I'll be delayed another week :(

I'll take a bunch of pics of it w/ the new mount once I get it back.

Edited by grywlfbg

Skeeter

Cast bullets in an Open gun is something you don't want to do. The cast bullets will not stand up to the velocities required to make major. BTW, using bullets with an exposed lead base will produce significant lead build up in the comp...a real pain to clean.

A-G