avg vel= 1020

pf= 150

147 gr pd fmj

7.2 gr aa#7

win brass/ win spp

1.120 OAL

avg vel= 1150

pf= 169

all loads were to hot for minor but the recoil and muzzle flip even at the 169 pf was really good. I prefer it over the 124 grains i have been loading. so I am going to try 6.3 @ 1.120 and that should put me right around 135 pf

ps

147 gr xtp jhp @ 1.115 and 4 gr wsf was around 915 and 135 pf. this would be a very nice load very very mild recoil but was to smokey and dirty for my taste.

Edited by Mat Price

I have been loading 115gr exclusively for 9mm. A few days ago I put together some 9mm with 147 Precision Delta bullets on top of 4 gr of Unique. I really like the feeling of the 147's compared to the 115's. I shot about 50 of my 147's and switched to my 115's today, and for me, the snap and recoil of the 115's were almost intolerable compared to the 147's. Of course, felt recoil is an individual thing, but I'm really excited about the 147s.

I just tried 147 gr MG and 3.8 gr WW231

for PF 132, and loved it compared to the

115 or 125 grains bullets - I'm staying

with the heavier bullets:)

Never tried the 147's in my Open gun

at major - I just tried last week the

124 grain instead of the 115's and thought

the heavier bullet was better again -

softer feel and noise.

Guess I should try a few 147's at 170 PF

in my TruBor and see how that feels?

Jack

hey yall thought i would share my chrony data from todays range session

Okay, I gotta ask...why did you pick AA #7 for this? It's waaay slower than most folks are using for Minor. If you go to a faster powder, you'll get a much softer recoil impulse. The muzzle flip won't change much, but it will definitely be softer. R,

Jack

You can certainly try it, but it's going to have a lot more muzzle flip, and probably more straight back recoil as well. You won't be producing enough gas to work the comp well, and that gas pushes forward and down in the comp which limits flip and recoil. Yes, you'll see a slight difference between 115s, 121s and 125s, but that's still only a 10gr weight spread, rather than a 22gr jump. R,

Okay, I gotta ask...why did you pick AA #7 for this? It's waaay slower than most folks are using for Minor.

I have the same question. Why use #7 for minor 9mm?

simple!

I know that a little faster burning powder will result in a less felt recoil BUT, I use it for both 40 s&w and 9mm AND the big factor I got 8 lbs of it for next to nothing because it went under water in Katrina and the jug was all messed up but the seal was not broken.

also though I usually shoot 124 grain. I have tried power pistol, wsf, wst, and AA#7 for my 9mm loads and for whatever reason I like the AA#7 the best. now when i change my recoil spring i might not and may try something a little faster but for now AA#7 works great for me and it is EXTREMELY accurate out of my 34.

Since i posted this though I found my 147 grain loads were not very accuarate and went back to the 124 dp and my old load and get 2 inch groups @ 15 yards.

Edited by Mat Price

Okay, I gotta ask...why did you pick AA #7 for this? It's waaay slower than most folks are using for Minor.

I have the same question. Why use #7 for minor 9mm?

simple!

I know that a little faster burning powder will result in a less felt recoil BUT, I use it for both 40 s&w and 9mm AND the big factor I got 8 lbs of it for next to nothing because it went under water in Katrina and the jug was all messed up but the seal was not broken.

also though I usually shoot 124 grain. I have tried power pistol, wsf, wst, and AA#7 for my 9mm loads and for whatever reason I like the AA#7 the best. now when i change my recoil spring i might not and may try something a little faster but for now AA#7 works great for me and it is EXTREMELY accurate out of my 34.

Since i posted this though I found my 147 grain loads were not very accuarate and went back to the 124 dp and my old load and get 2 inch groups @ 15 yards.

AA #7 will produce a lot of unecessary recoil in .40 as well (either Major or Minor). I had relatively poor results with PD 147s in my M&P, but MG 147CMJs or Zero 147gr JHPs will do well under 2" at 25yds...and they're extremely soft shooting when loaded with N320 or Solo 1000K. I had a buddy try them side-by-side with Atlanta Arms 147gr ammo that's loaded with a somewhat slower powder and he was surprised how much softer feeling mine were...and mine were several points higher PF as well. R,

Jack

You can certainly try it, but it's going to have a lot more muzzle flip, and probably more straight back recoil as well. You won't be producing enough gas to work the comp well, and that gas pushes forward and down in the comp which limits flip and recoil. Yes, you'll see a slight difference between 115s, 121s and 125s, but that's still only a 10gr weight spread, rather than a 22gr jump. R,

Thanks, G-Man, you just saved me the trouble? of loading

up 20 147's to major - I'll take your word for it. Just

tried 124's for the first time, and thought they were

nicer than the 115's I've been shooting for the past 3-4

years.

Jack