Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Match

Attila

I shot in my first USPSA match today in West Frankfort, IL. I had not fired a firearm of any type in ten years. I used a SIG P226 with a used Fobus paddle in production division. My times were on the slow side for the competitiors there, but not the slowest. I had more "A" hits than most though. :) The RO for that stage said I was shooting too accuratly and not fast enough :huh:

We also shot a classifier, 99-32. It kicked my butt big time. Never have drawn from a holster (IL has no CCW), my draws/first shots could have been timed with a calender. :blink:

Also shot a rifle side match. I did that with a rifle I had never properly zerod, or even fired. Let me just say that I do not recommend anyone do that. :angry:

I am hooked on this sport!!! :D Now the bad news is that I finally got a good job, and it requires me to be at work an hour after the start time of the matches in the future. :(

my advice would be to find another job :P people shouldn't have to work on sunday. btw isn't working on a sunday a sin or something. :P

good luck

Thanks. I would get another job if I could but they are few and far between where I live. And a good paying one is even harder to find. Should have majored in a hard science or computers instead of history :(

The RO for that stage said I was shooting too accuratly and not fast enough

If you buy The Book, or read a lot the forums, you'll discover that the goal in this sport is shooting As as fast as you can, and...you can't miss fast enough to win. ;)