Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 550 And Some Mods...

f99e2dcb.jpg

Just got my new 550 set up. What a GREAT machine. I made a "shelf" (1/4" aluminum plate and machined aluminum bar for tool head stands) to hold the extra tool heads, indexing pins, etc. I have only loaded .45's on it. The other tool head is set up for 40's. I will probably order a complete tool head change out for 223 and 308. I might get the roller handle but not convinced it's really necessary. I think my little man was more excited than I was.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who pointed me towards Brian Enos for the purchase!!!

I agree about getting the roller handle! I don't know how I lived without it for 10 years.

Great choice on getting a 550. I love mine. It's the only progressive I own, and I run 6 calibers on it. Easiest progressive press there is to change caliber on. Nothing is better for rifle loading.

--

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Since I couldn't see the pic posted, I would also recomend the strong mount, and the bullet tray, if you don't already have them. You will probably find it necessary to make some kind of extension for the spent primmer drop. There is a thread around here somewhere that talks about all the little tweaks people have done on their 550's and it is well worth the read. Have fun!!! :D