Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knob Creek Shoot

I don't know how may of you have been to the Knob Creek Shoot in Kentucky which is held twice a year just West of Louisville. If you have never attended this event and you like to hear the fast guns, see military stuff, and mingle amongst others with like interest than you should make arrangement to attend. It is a three day event beginning on Friday October the 8th and closing on Sunday the 10th, 2010. I have only been once but the atmosphere is great, and unless you are in the military you will probably see and hear more different types of Military weapons firing there than in most places.

The vendors, the flea marketers, and the atmosphere is something that needs to be experienced. When is the last time your heard "Puff the magic Dragon" spit fire.

It can usually be experienced herw, at least the mini-gun if not the C-147 or 130 carrying them. Scary but comforting sound to those how nave needed them under stressful conditions. Brings back memories of a different place and time.

Don

I've gone at least once every year since moving to KY. It's great. No really, it's freaking awesome. I'm prior .mil so the machine guns don't interest me as much as some of the other stuff. Still, awe inspiring to hear the line open up. Cut down, short barreled, .50 M2!! Rate of fire in the 600-700 range!! No flash hider too, that thing flicks out a nice 2 foot flame. The mini guns are cool if you've not experienced them first hand. 3000rpm, with and without tracers. Incindiery rounds on fridgerators and cars. Propane tanks with lit fuzes near by. ka-freakin-BOOOOOMM.

The pole barn (flea market) is the biggest you're likely to see anywhere. Ammo used to found cheap, not so much anymore.

They also have shooting competitions. Pistol, rifle, sub gun, shotgun. Most shot on seperate days. Sign up online to secure your spot.

They usually have a live band playing in the evening before the night shoot. Food is onsight. Parking is in the mud, usually. Don't park on the road if you can avoid it and NEVER park with tires on the road side of the white line. Tow trucks are on stand by for this event. Plan to get there 3 hours before you want to be there. Traffic.

They usually raffle a ride on a bird, with M60. Winner gets to shoot from the air.

Open carry is fine, you'll zip tie your rig before you enter. Something to sell? Sling it and walk in with a sign on it.