Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pickaway County Sportsman (Ohio)

Reshoot

I am a regular shooter at Rayner's Range (Blue Rock, Ohio). I would like to shoot at Circleville next Saturday. I just need to know what time to be there, the match fee and any other pertinent information.

Dave

A-67357

Edited by Reshoot

Thanks for the response, Chris! I do plan to be there, and more than happy to help set up. Just a question of how early I can drag my butt out of bed, on a Saturday morning.

I'll try to keep up, on the stages. I am a little slow (physically) :D

Dave

If it's your first time at a match, please be sure to tell me that when you register (I usually run the registration table). Fee for a first-timer (your first time at the Circleville USPSA match) is $5.

Conrad usually posts the stages on the Forum a few days before the match. Of course, any details may be modified during set up (insert maniacal laugh). If you have a drill or screw gun, bring it. Conrad likes to use EVERY prop in the barn, every wall, etc. It's pretty similar in intensity to a Rayner's match ... though we thankfully do not have that #$%@ propeller!

If it's your first time at a match, please be sure to tell me that when you register (I usually run the registration table). Fee for a first-timer (your first time at the Circleville USPSA match) is $5.

Conrad usually posts the stages on the Forum a few days before the match. Of course, any details may be modified during set up (insert maniacal laugh). If you have a drill or screw gun, bring it. Conrad likes to use EVERY prop in the barn, every wall, etc. It's pretty similar in intensity to a Rayner's match ... though we thankfully do not have that #$%@ propeller!

Five dollars?! Well, I choose to be a first time shooter every month. ;)

Ah yes, the Rayner propeller. We have had the pleasure of shooting at that sucker for the past two months. The thing that I hate is the pivoiting chair. Thank gawd it has only been out of the barn once this summer.

Did I see a Texas Star in Chris Keen's utube video, at Circleville, last month? Never had the pleasure of shooting one of those.

Dave

A-67537

I fogot the most important question of all! Food! Is there a food stand?

As Chris said, "negative" on the on-site food ... NOT like Carolyn's crock pots and the fridge full of pop/Gatorade @ Rayner's.

Since you're likely coming south on Rte 23 from I-270, there is a McDonald's in South Bloomfield.

There is also a Kroeger grocery in Circleville, right where Rte 22 turns east off Rte 23. There's a family diner just east of that, across the road. They're open at o'dark-thirty, I think.

We have big coolers full of water at the bays during warmer weather.

Bring anything that you think you might need during the match. Set up usually runs 0800 to 10-10:30, depending upon complexity and the amount of help. We do not break for lunch. Shooting usually goes until ~2PM or a bit later. Some of the crew goes out to Rooster's in Circleville after the match.

Range "facilities" are like the one up on the hill @ Rayner's. No running water down on the range.

I had a blast (pun intended)! A big shout out the members of PCSI. I made some new friends, and enjoyed helping Frank set up his stage. You have a great facility too. The shelters and benches are awesome!.

A special thank you to Fran and Kyle, for the pointers on my draw. I'll be working on that between now and November 6th. Oh yeah, I'll be back!

Dave