Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lefty

stardust tommy

wrong forum and you need more posts before you can post classified ads.

I'm not so sure he's trying to sell it...maybe just let people know about it. It is pretty cool...man, that must have been a lot of hours on the mill! Even the scope mount is mirror image!

wrong forum and you need more posts before you can post classified ads.

I'm not so sure he's trying to sell it...maybe just let people know about it. It is pretty cool...man, that must have been a lot of hours on the mill! Even the scope mount is mirror image!

could be. either way, its a pretty sweet look gun! LOTS of hours went into that bad boy

Edited by Corey

I am a lefty and would rather buy 2 right-handed pistols than one (very very cool) custom left-handed pistol. I have never been limited by the configuration of the gun. I can just imagine trying to get left-handed extractor or ejector parts quickly if needed.

I am extremely impressed by the work. :cheers: It's great that he can build himself a left-handed gun. The price just does not justify buying one (IMHO) as there really is no advantage....as any current left-handed GM (there are left-handed GMs right? :surprise: )

I am a lefty and would rather buy 2 right-handed pistols than one (very very cool) custom left-handed pistol. I have never been limited by the configuration of the gun. I can just imagine trying to get left-handed extractor or ejector parts quickly if needed.

I am extremely impressed by the work. :cheers: It's great that he can build himself a left-handed gun. The price just does not justify buying one (IMHO) as there really is no advantage....as any current left-handed GM (there are left-handed GMs right? :surprise: )

Yes, there are a number of them.

Great looking gun but don't see any advantage at all. The only difference for me using a standard gun is that being lefty I can't use a thumb rest/*thumb rest [generic]*. My thumbs are on the right side of the gun. The purpose of left hand guns in shotguns and rifles it to put the ejection port and shell ejection away from the shooters face. With an Iso stance the pistol is centered and left/right side ejection on a pistol isn't a factor. Plus the arms are extended and the ejection port on the pistol is further away than a shotgun.

The only other thing I can think of is the mag release. I use the trigger finger to do reloads or someone could buy a reverse mag release.

One more thing I just thought of. Possibly with a 90degree scope mount being able to mount the scope on the right side it might help with vision.

Its a great looking gun. If someone had the skills to do this why not for no other reason than just have a unique gun.

Flyin

Hey Flyin........I have thumb rests on the right side of both my open guns, never had a problem with them.

Yeah, I'm sure you could get longer screws for the double sided mounts also and get one to work. One of the things I like about Open guns is how they look with single sided mounts. I knew before I even looked at the pic that you probably drilled the frame.

How do you like that grip??

Flyin

I love the aluminum grip, put it on both my guns. However, one has cracked at 3K rounds, replaced, and cracked again at 500 rounds. The other has not cracked after 3K rounds.

Not trying to make this thread another cracked grip thread....nuff said :cheers: