Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement sights for Witness Match

sid

I have a Witness Match in 9mm which I purchased last year. The pistol is extremely accurate and I have shot thousands of my handloads through it without any problems. My only complaint is with the sights. I had to raise the rear sight to it's extreme height to be able to get on target. The sights also do not have any white or other colored component which makes it difficult to get a good sight picture when shooting at all black silhouette targets. I would like to know what, if any, kind of replacements sights are available for this pistol and are they difficult to install. TIA

Henning Wallgren has mentioned about working on some fiber optic fronts that are more suited to the Match rear sight. I have two of the older, Supersight equipped Matches. You can always get your slide cut for them....

I have a Witness Match in 9mm which I purchased last year. The pistol is extremely accurate and I have shot thousands of my handloads through it without any problems. My only complaint is with the sights. I had to raise the rear sight to it's extreme height to be able to get on target. The sights also do not have any white or other colored component which makes it difficult to get a good sight picture when shooting at all black silhouette targets. I would like to know what, if any, kind of replacements sights are available for this pistol and are they difficult to install. TIA