Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

training with more then one pistol

Frank Einstein

I shoot a Beretta 92F in production and have a 1911 TRP for use in single stack. I have been primarily dry firing them sequentially, a week or so with one and then a week or so with the other. I was wondering if anyone trains with more than one pistol at the same time and if they think it negatively affects their training...

When I was Active Duty I trained with my M9 and a Glock 34. I shot the Beretta because I was required to and because it was issued to me, though I prefer the Glock 34. I personally found that it was much better to train with one pistol/platform at a time. The grip angle, manual of arms and trigger were different enough that I could not transition seamlessly between the two platforms. I'm sure there are much more skilled shooters than can, but I found that I progressed the most and the fastest when I dedicated myself to one pistol.

CAZ

I throw this out quite a bit but it works. Pic a gun and shoot it! Focus on SS for 6 months and if you want to change, though I don't see how you would :P, focus on production for 6 months. You'll be better for it and learn a lot from each platform.

I shoot a limited gun, alternatively with an open gun ...

But, each does contribute to my overall knowledge of

shooting and has made me a "better" shooter.

If my next match is limited, I spend the week shooting

500 rounds limited, and when it's time to shoot open, I

spend the week shooting open.

It's fun...

But, I'm only a C limited and B open - may not work

for better shooters.

Jack

I throw this out quite a bit but it works. Pic a gun and shoot it! Focus on SS for 6 months and if you want to change, though I don't see how you would :P, focus on production for 6 months. You'll be better for it and learn a lot from each platform.

Thanks for the advice guys, the six month single stack period show commence now !!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I have this problem, too! I have 2 USPs, one full size, and one compact. I love them both, but I love my Trojan much much more, although I'd like to spend a day or so shooting production with one of my USPs just to see how it holds up and whatnot.

• 4 months later...

I started shooting using my boyfriend's glock 19, got my cz duty and started shooting it, I also rotate shooting his glock 35 & para 1911, until recently when he traded the 35 for a 34. Each time I go to the range I pick a couple guns and put a 100 rounds or so through each. I start off well enough and seem to get worse as I go. I wonder if this might have something to do with it?

"Fear the man (or woman) whom only has one gun, for chances are he knows how to use it" :devil:

Listen to Corey... Pick one and stick with it! The same can be said for the load you are shooting. Find something that the pistol likes and makes PF with room to spare and don't change a thing.