Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Engineering Base Pads

Nemo

If it's already been posted, I'm sorry but I did a search on the issue and didn't come up with the answer. Here we go...

Grams advertises base pads in 2.5 and 4.0 millimeters. The USPSA mag length gauge would accept mag+basepad array of up to 141.25mm in length.

What is the overall length of the STI tubes and/or which Grams base pad should I get for my 140mm tubes (STI) to remain limited legal?

Thanx!

If you spend the bux to have Beven tune your mags, he makes sure that they fit the guage with the 4mm pads. From the "better safe than sorry" school of thought (that has you shooting ammo that makes higher than 165.1 power factor), the 2.5s are better if you just want eerily simple basepads that make cleaning and reassembly ridiculously easy.

Arredondo mag brush + Grams pads = super easy disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.

This, of course, is JMHO. BTW, mag tubes measure at around 5-3/8" or about 137mm. This gives you less than a 3/4-millimeter of play (which is a lot when it comes to tolerances) with the 4mm pad, but, again, better safe than sorry.

If you send the mags to Beven, he will tune the mag ,reshape the feed lips and will make sure that with the base pad on it will be limited legal.Old style svi tube will get 21 rounds and the sti tubes get 20 without a problem.The new Grams format also makes it really nice.